Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Day 1 Do over Take II



You read it right.  It seems that I am a fat girl with alot of ambition and no energy.  That could be why I have gotten so fat.  That and carbs.  Carbs are Satan incarnate.  My diet consists of ALOT of carbs.  Good to know.... now I know what is my weakness.

The whole "diet" thing is just leaving an ugly taste in my mouth.  Actually I would love to have a taste in my mouth cause I. AM. STARVING.  Seriously?!  What kind of bloody torture is this?  So my new game plan, which seems to be working for me, is no bread.  No potatoes either.  Too much starch.  And carbs.  I am going to try to cut out some of the carbs out of my diet.  Bread and crackers are a nono.  I am going to try to replace some of the lettuce with spinach.  Spinach is a power food.  Just ask Popeye.  I am also going to try to replace some of the beef in my diet with turkey.  I'm also going to eat mushrooms in place of beef too.

I also need to drink more water!  I really don't drink enough water.  I feel so much better when I do though.  My digestion thanks me too.

Snacks are not a bad thing either.  They are good for you as long as you chose the right thing to snack on.  I thought I was doing good by getting dried prunes to snack on.  High carbs but they curb my sweet cravings.  Celery and hummus is good for me.  Celery takes sooooo long to eat!  All that chewing!  One stalk and I am full.  Hummus just adds some flavor for me.  After trying to do diets, I have come to the conclusion I am not a follower.  Making my own works for me.  Find what works for you and go with it.

I have been doing the workout videos.  I was so disappointed the morning following my first workout.  I WAS STILL FAT!  I guess it is going to take awhile to get in shape.  I mean, I am in shape if you count very round.  The first day I did the workout video and the Couch to 5K app.  I was really happy that I wasn't sore but worried that maybe I didn't work hard enough.  Never fear!  By the end of the day, it hurt to even sit on the toilet!  I considered trying out peeing while straddling the toilet but was worried I would have to clean the floor.  That is waaay lower than I can go right now.  I did get through the work out yesterday.  Today is the cardio workout.  I'm going to cheat and just do the Couch to 5K.  I am also going to do yoga tonight.  I think I am covered.

All in all, it's going good.  I am very impatient though and want to see results NOW!  I keep on judging how I am doing by where I am sore.  My thighs are killing me!  I was hoping to be sore in my abs and arms though.

Nothing....

I am going to amp up my workout by adding weights.  I'm going to start out with the 5 lb weights.  For the other weight workouts I am going to use my 10 lb weights.  For now, it's workout time.

No comments:

Post a Comment